Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dog Parks and Puppies -- NO!


Perfect example why I'd rather to go the dentist, than a dog park.  Read: "Well Socialized? No, Well traumatized."http://www.whenhoundsfly.com/well-socialized-well-traumatized/

In the opinion of many other dog behaviorists "dog park" is a four letter word as far as puppies are concerned.  I share these sentiments.

More reading "Welcome to the Frat Party a/k/a I'm not Socializing my Puppy that Way so Go Away" by The Dog Snob blog. Excerpt below:
"Regardless of how you feel about adult dogs at dog parks, I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Puppies do NOT belong at dog parks. Period. End of story. Why, you ask? Let us count the ways. Illness. Injury. Stress and fear responses. The list goes on and on. Dog parks are like frat parties. They are full of loud, rude, clueless, and overstimulated individuals who only get worse when part of a large group. Plus, farting and humping is not only allowed, but encouraged. "