Monday, May 5, 2014

We are planning a late Summer 2014 Litter . . .

Planning each litter begins months, sometimes years ahead of time. No, really! Health and temperament are of the utmost of importance to my breeding program and I am very selective when choosing a stud dog.

I've had my eye on several nice dogs over the past year or so, and the 2014 VCA Nationals Events (end of April) was the perfect time to continue my "boyfriend shopping". Where else can you see multiple dogs, their offspring, and other up-and-coming puppies from all across the country? There were nearly 250 Vizslas in one place, at one time!

It was wonderful seeing so many nice dogs and discussing dogs and pedigrees with other like-minded responsible breeders.  I even have some ideas for future breeding plans.

During the week long show, I had the pleasure of meeting GCH HRQ Keep 'Em Guessing JH "Finley" (Am/Int'l CH Zenith's Suspense Thriller "Spenser" x BISS GCH CH Tivoliz Now Pay Attention CD RN MH AX AXJ VC TDI ROM “Q”) who I found to be a lovely girl with a sweet temperament.  I  also had the opportunity to see several of "Spenser's" titled get, three of which won an Award of Merit (including two of "Finley's" siblings).  

Upon returning,  I set the wheels in motion to coordinate a breeding to "Spenser".  With the go ahead from his breeders/owners, Karen and Steve Carnahan (Zenith Vizslas) for a breeding to "Zene" I am happy to share that we have a planned litter for late Summer 2014.

Now, we wait for Zene to come into season, likely July. 

E-X-C-I-T-I-N-G!